What happens when your Repli-Kate isn’t
quite what you want it to be…
Case and Point:
My Jaime Mascaro Clutch….it’s Pink…TOTALLY NOT ME…AT ALL (I’m not a Pink Girl)
Granted…I lucked out and found the same ‘GO TO’ clutch Kate uses on eBay…but there was no way I was going to use it in that hue…so what to do?
Angelus! The miracle Treatment!
- Prep the Leather (rub the grain in the same direction with Alcohol) This will clean the leather and prep it for the dye.
- Shake the Bottle of Dye. Apply the dye using the the sponge provided, make sure to apply the dye in the same direction as the way you prepped it.
- I decided to keep dying it, (takes about an hour to dry between layers) 5 layers total….I may keep going (it took 3 bottle of dye ;))
- After the last layer, I painted the acrylic stitching with a acrylic dye, including the ribbon (it may also need another layer…but Im waiting to see how it wears.
- Lastly, I treated the clutch with waterproofing spray to make sure that the new dye job wouldn’t transfer onto my hands.
- Don’t forget to brush it after, to make sure the grain is tufted ;)
A new CLASSIC CLUTCH ;)
This is something you can do with your other suede pieces…just takes imagination and the ‘GO FOR IT’ attitude!