Brittany K.S. Davidson
With the announcement of Kate’s 2nd Pregnancy, I am sure you ladies (myself included) have begun prepping, researching and waiting with bated breath as to what Kate will wear this season out and about London as well as to public events.
Until she steps out into the public eye again…all we can do it wait
The good news is, while we wait, we can discuss the F/W trends for 2014 based off of runway and several editorial’s picks as the Top 10 Trends to Take On.
So, what are the Top 10 Trends?
1. Winter Pastels (THIS WILL DEFINITELY BE IN KATE’S WARDROBE THIS SEASON…as we have seen with her Jenny Packham Powder Blue dress with LK Bennett Agata Heels)
2. Shearling (GIVEN SHE HAS TWO PIECES IN SHEARLING, I THINK WE MIGHT SEE A COMEBACK)
3. Plaid (KATE HAS BEEN A FAN OF PLAID FOR A WHILE NOW…PRINCE OF WALES PLAID ESPECIALLY…WHICH WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN KATE SPORTING ON HER FIRST OFFICIAL VISIT SINCE HER PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENT)
4. Cape/Ponchos (WE SAW KATE’S ZARA CAPE LAST YEAR, POSSIBLY A WRAP THIS TIME?)
5. Velvet (ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE KATE WORE VELVET…BUT I THINK WE NEED THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN, ESPECIALLY WITH A LITTLE BUMP…POSSIBLY A BLACK TIE EVENT?)
6. Drapery (KATE IS MORE ABOUT FIT/FLARE…NOT SURE IF SHE WILL BE OUT AND ABOUT IN DECONSTRUCTED CARDIGANS…BUT POSSIBLY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS)
7. Fairytale/Romantic/Sparkly (UMMM, SHE’S A DUCHESS NOW, THIS HAD BETTER HAPPEN)
8. A-Line (WITH A BUMP I DON’T KNOW IF WE WILL GET A CHANCE TO SEE A-LINE THIS WINTER, BUT POSSIBLY IN THE EARLY STAGES)
9. Geometric Prints (KATE HAS WORN GEOMETRICS BEFORE…AND SHE WORE A CHEVRON PRINT TEMPERLEY DRESS RECENTLY :))
10. Tailoring/Men’s Suits for Women (THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I JUST CANNOT SEE KATE WEARING…THE WHOLE ANNIE HALL SUITING CONCEPT IS MAKING A COMEBACK…AND PERSONALLY IM NOT A BIG FAN OF THIS STYLE…BUT YOU NEVER KNOW)
I stopped over to L.K. Bennett in Beverly Hills and consigned some pieces from their F/W 2014 Collection to share with you ladies…Looks like Kate will have a few styles to choose from :)
So Who Is Going Shopping?!?!
I am so excited for this Winter and See What Kate Will Wear :)